About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK) and with a team of over 115 professionals, Tropic Biosciences is one of the world’s leading agricultural gene-editing companies. Our team is dedicated to the development and commercialization of high-performing varieties of tropical crops to provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers globally.
Tropic’s vision is to become a dominant seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a qualified Laboratory Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of a technical nature. The Laboratory Technician will be working within the Rice team to support the Rice Trait development platform. The person will be working with Research Scientists & Senior Lab Technicians to support the Rice Transformation Pipeline.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working in a laboratory, handle hazardous chemicals in a safe & compliant manner. They will be well-trained to maintain safe working conditions and follow the company guidelines on safety, health hazards and quality. The Laboratory Technician is expected to be passionate and work in a fast & agile manner and help achieve company goals.
- Execute experiments & support the rice transformation pipeline.
- Work independently & follow protocols.
- Teamwork is essential and involves working with other members of the team to drive the rice transformation pipeline.
- Develop and execute new innovative ideas to increase the transformation efficiency and overall process.
- Participate in project discussions related to technology development and deployment.
- Effectively collate and submit experimental data and be prepared to discuss experimental outputs.
- Work with cross-functional teams, coordinating with different researchers/ technicians to get desired results.
- BSc in a Life Science or related subject OR equivalent experience in a laboratory/production environment
- Ability to make technical observations, keep records of the experiments and make technical reports.
- Be proactive and able to learn how to work with compliance in biosafety, quality, and stewardship.
- Actively looks to build proficiency in a broad range of techniques and to develop knowledge in relevant area(s).
- Have a good knowledge of plant science, developmental biology or genetics
- Experience in plant tissue culture
- Knowledge and experience in working with MS Office, LIMS or any other lab data management system
- Experience with microscopy or within microbiology is an added advantage
- Job Location – Norwich UK
- Time Requirement – Full Time
- Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates
- Benefits – 25 days annual leave, Private Medical Insurance through Vitality, Medical Cash Plan and Group Income Protection Scheme, as well as excellent learning and training opportunities and social events throughout the year
If you meet the above criteria, we would be happy to hear from you. Please apply Here