About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK), Tropic Biosciences is a leading agricultural biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercialisng high-performing varieties of tropical crops which provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers. Tropic’s vision is to become a leading seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced plant tissue culture scientist/plant transformation expert to lead the technology development platform in Rice transformation by developing and implementing genome editing in Rice. You will be leading a team of 4-6 Lab Technicians working on plant tissue culture and transformation for new technologies and trait development in rice.
You should be able to independently design and execute experiments, run multiple projects according to the timelines, you will be required to work in a cross functional environment and coordinate with different teams to get desired results in a timely manner. You will be required to engage in both internal and external discussion related to technology development and transfer.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Plant Transformation/Monocot transformation/In vitro Plant Tissue Culture/Genome editing
- Independent planning and execution of projects
- Lead a team of Technicians
- To carry out experiments in the lab and be “hands on” in troubleshooting technical issues to support the technicians
- Design and execute experimental plans
- Delivery of projects within specified timelines
- Coordinate with cross functional teams
- Work in compliance with safety, quality and stewardship
Qualifications, knowledge and key skills:
- PhD in Plant Biology, Plant Sciences, Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or any other related discipline.
- 1-3 ears of post- PhD experience and a proven record of managing a team or project would be desierable
- Experience in plant tissue culture and transformation (experience in monocot transformation is desired but not essential).
- Deep understanding of tissue culture, transformation, developmental biology & plant hormone signaling.
- Experience with different morphogens/developmental genes is highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable about current genome editing, vector design, molecular biology and microscopy techniques.
- Proactive and work with compliance in lab safety, biosafety, quality and stewardship.
- Knowledge and experience in working with MS Office, LIMS or any other lab data management system is desirable.
- Good attitude and a team player. Open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to self-motivate, take ownership and have a focused execution.
- Job Location –Norwich Research Park, Norwich, England
- Time Requirement - Full time position
- Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates