About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK) and with a team of over 80 professionals, Tropic Biosciences is one of the world’s leading agricultural gene-editing companies. Our team is dedicated to the development and commercialization of high-performing varieties of tropical crops to provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers globally.
Tropic’s vision is to become a dominant seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for
With the rapid growth that Tropic has experienced recently, we are looking to recruit a HR Operations and L&D partner to join a small HR team to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered to the business. With ambitious growth plans and some exciting projects up our sleeves, it’s an exciting time to join us, make an impact and be a proud part of our onward journey. Reporting directly to the HR Director, this role will deliver on organisational demands and strategic direction, taking ownership for a suite of future focussed development solutions to grow the capability and effectiveness of the organisation. The successful candidate will also ensure that all people polices and procedures are updated in compliance with employment law and anticipate future needs for our business and roll out all new and updated polices across the business.
Key Responsibilities/ Tasks:
- Ownership of HR policies and processes ensuring these are compliant with all regulatory, policy & legislative requirements.
- Identifies opportunities to improve policies & processes and build in efficiencies.
- Manages employee relations including disciplinaries, grievances, complaints and performance management processes.
- Responsible for overseeing the monthly payroll, ensuring ongoing compliance with legislation, providing payroll data to the external payroll provider, auditors and senior management team
- Leads on analysis required to facilitate planning, budgeting, modelling and processing of Tropic’s compensation review cycle and manages pay review process.
- Manages salary survey providers & provides data to providers and salary benchmarks to the business.
- Provides reporting on HR metrics.
- Review, improve and promote employee benefits and pensions portfolio and manage contracts relating to third party benefit suppliers.
- Work alongside the HR team to co-create and deliver L&D strategies and plans.
- Enhance succession planning by instigating individual career development programmes.
- Be the go-to expert for all things L&D, from individual development plans to delivering workshops and development/training programmes.
- Experience in designing, creating content and implementing effective learning solutions for a range of audiences: both groups and individuals.
Key Skills & Experience
- CIPD Level 7 or equivalent experience preferred.
- Remuneration survey experience including role matching.
- Stakeholder and relationship management.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Experience of managing pay plans and the salary review process
- Job Location –Norwich Research Park, Norwich, England
- Time Requirement - Full time position.
- Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates