About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK) and with a team of over 80 professionals, Tropic Biosciences is one of the world’s leading agricultural gene-editing companies. Our team is dedicated to the development and commercialization of high-performing varieties of tropical crops to provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers globally.
Tropic’s vision is to become a dominant seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced manager/supervisor to oversee the production of in vitro banana plants, to develop our approach to production as we scale our capacity and put quality at the heart of what we do.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Banana Biotechnology team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Implement and supervise safe working methods and sterile techniques within the team and instruct staff of these
- Train, build and supervise a high performing team in a repetitive environment
- Maintain stock of supplies needed for routine activities
- Oversee lab organisation and cleanliness
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs
- Liaise with other teams to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment are maintained in appropriate working conditions
- Use and develop our LIMS system to support Production throughput and adherence to appropriate quality standards
- BSc.in a relevant science discipline, ideally in plant science
- Experience in supervising/managing a laboratory and staff in a production environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise, troubleshoot and learn quickly
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Great attention to details
Other highly sought attributes include:
- Experience in plant tissue culture
- Experience in working in a lab at ISO standard
- Audit experience
- Line Management in Production operations
- Experience using LIMS, ERP, databases, or software to support production
- Experience working to KPI’s or objectives to support continuous improvement
- Willing to work in a highly fast-paced and adaptive company
- Working to defined quality standards (for example ISO9001) in a production or manufacturing
- Job Location –Norwich Research Park, Norwich, England
- Time Requirement - Full time position.
- Application Deadline - 11th March
- Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates