About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK) and with a team of over 80 professionals, Tropic Biosciences is one of the world’s leading agricultural gene-editing companies. Our team is dedicated to the development and commercialization of high-performing varieties of tropical crops to provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers globally.
Tropic’s vision is to become a dominant seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for
An experienced and accomplished scientist to manage and develop our cutting edge GEiGS team. As Team Lead you will work closely with team members and senior stakeholders to advance our proprietary technology – GEiGSTM – both for technology development and deployment in internal and external projects. A solid track-record in delivering cutting-edge plant biotechnology together with demonstrable experience in RNA biology/ RNAi will be needed for success in this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the human and material resources used by the team according to the company’s guidelines.
- Designing experimental plans and driving progress, to meet company’s goals and objectives.
- Communicates the company’s vision and goals and values to the team and leads the activity in the team accordingly.
- Manages the scientific activities in the team: set standards, high-resolution experimental designs, solve problems, plan-ahead and re-allocate resources to ensure high performance.
- Share and support the work in other teams in the company with knowledge and experience acquired.
- Proactively communicate the activities of the team to stakeholders at all levels.
- Keeping up-to-speed with the recent literature in the field of activity of the team (gene and genome editing and RNAi).
- Encourage and support the development of the team as a whole and its individual members.
Qualifications, knowledge and key skills:
- PhD qualification with at least 3 years postdoc or industry experience (Industry experience is a plus).
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience in Plant science and transformation platforms.
- Experience in gene editing.
- Experience and good understanding in RNAi pathways and small RNAs.
- Familiarity with IP/ patents and relevance to biotechnology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-awareness.
- Experienced in giving and receiving feedback.
- Motivates and encourages others by example.
- Organised and able to multi-task in a fast-moving environment.
- Job Location – Norwich Research Park, Norwich, England
- Time Requirement - Full time position
- Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates