About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK), Tropic Biosciences is a leading agricultural biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercialisng high-performing varieties of tropical crops which provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers. Tropic’s vision is to become a leading seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an in-house patent attorney to join our growing IP department. This is a unique opportunity to become a core member of the IP team, reporting directly to the VP of Intellectual Property, and have a substantial impact on the company’s IP strategy and growing patent portfolio. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, multicultural company, and will have significant responsibility for creating and exploiting commercially valuable IP assets, leading patent prosecution and supporting decision makers within the company.
▪ You will manage global prosecution of a growing patent portfolio and coordinate with external patent counsels.
▪ You will liaise directly with R&D teams, project managers and external collaborators to identify inventions and determine how best to protect them.
▪ You will provide strategic and commercial advice to the management team based on IP analysis.
▪ You will support drafting and filing of patent applications, including instructing the R&D teams on experimental work required to support filing.
▪ At least an M.Sc. (preferably a Ph.D.) in biology, specialising in plant biology / gene editing / genetics / bioinformatics or adjacent fields.
▪ Qualified European/UK/US patent attorney. Depending on background/experience, part-qualified/finalist level candidates or candidates qualified in other jurisdictions may be considered.
▪ Experienced in international patent prosecution across multiple jurisdictions.
▪ Experienced in patent drafting.
▪ A strong communicator, able to clearly and succinctly relay complex information to colleagues across a breadth of backgrounds and functions within the company.
▪ An independent self-starter with an ability to initiate projects and take ownership of them.
▪ Enjoys an agile and fast-paced environment.
▪ Prior in-house experience is an advantage.
▪ Job Location – Norwich UK, possibly flexible
▪ Time Requirement - Full time position
▪ Job start date – June 2020 or earlier
▪ Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates
Your application was submitted successfully.