About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK) and with a team of over 100 professionals, Tropic Biosciences is one of the world’s leading agricultural gene-editing companies. Our team is dedicated to the development and commercialization of high-performing varieties of tropical crops to provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers globally.
Tropic’s vision is to become a dominant seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for
Due to Tropic’s growth and ramp up of commercialization in the last few quarters, we are seeking a marketing professional to create and drive forward our brand strategy across the organization. You will work closely with Tropic’s Commercial team and have a significant impact on how we create and develop our marketing strategy. You will need to be a sustainability subject matter expert, developing and managing programs using your expertise in sustainability to support and elevate the company's commitments to environmental and social responsibility to a very high standard, understand and communicating results and adhering to project deadlines.
Key responsibilities held by this function will include:
- Brand Strategy: shape the long-term brand vision and 3-year strategic plan on the Tropic brand. Own the development and the execution of the plan, which includes oversight of project teams, agencies, and partners, managing program budgets, and creating and maintaining reports on program results.
- Benchmarking: Regularly benchmark Tropic’s ESG (environmental, social, governance) work with that of competitors and other seed companies to offer metrics to our investors.
- Program Development: Help the Operations Team develop and deploy programs in line with our enterprise ESG and relevant targets (i.e. responsibly sourced materials, environmental impact, social responsibility).
- Measurement and Reporting: Align sustainability goals, performance, and metrics with corporate ESG goals. Develop a process and system to measure, track and report progress on sustainability initiatives.
- Brand Storytelling: develop communication campaigns, and strategic programs and partnerships to drive a brand position centered around sustainability and impact throughout the value chain – from farmer to consumer.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Develop and manage stakeholder partnerships (employees, suppliers, consumers, clients, activists, non-governmental organizations, etc.) and inquiries related to social mission.
- Thought Leadership: Represent the company as functional expert with relevant outside organizations, venues, and stakeholders. Provide thought leadership to inspire greatness, divergent thinking, and ongoing inspiration for business building product and marketing ideas.
Qualifications, knowledge, and key required skills
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience working in marketing.
- Bachelor's Degree required with preferred related discipline in marketing or focus on sustainability.
- Related industry experience, including knowledge of food system issues and relevant environmental and societal impacts preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, specifically PPT
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to form productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous environment, possess the desire and curiosity to understand emerging trends in the ag-tech sustainability space.
- Highly motivated self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Job Location – Our offices are in Norwich, position can be remotely based.
- Time Requirement - Full time position
- Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates.
- Benefits – 25 days annual leave, Private Medical Insurance through Vitality, 4% employer contribution to pension, day to day cash back off of medical expenses, Group Income protection scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, good learning and training opportunities, social events throughout the year.