About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK) and with a team of over 110 professionals, Tropic Biosciences is one of the world’s leading agricultural gene-editing companies. Our team is dedicated to the development and commercialization of high-performing varieties of tropical crops to provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers globally.
Tropic’s vision is to become a dominant seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for
The Company is looking for a skilled lab technician to support the Discovery team in delivering on key technology projects. You will join a team of research scientists, and lab technicians who you will work alongside to develop and improve Tropic Biosciences’ plant genome editing technology.
- Cloning constructs for plant transformation.
- Genotyping, including qPCR, Sanger, and next generation sequencing plus analysis.
- Basic microbiology
- QC of cloning and maintaining stock databases
Plant tissue culture
- Maintenance of plant cell culture
- Transformation of plant material
- Regeneration of plants post-transformation
- FACS (cell sorting)
- Plant protoplast generation and transfection
- Summarizing data for reports
- Maintaining clear records in electronic lab notebooks
- Updating databases
- BSc or equivalent in biology or related subject
- Molecular lab, or tissue culture lab experience
- Good organization
- Excellent communication
- Good practical skills
- Knowledge or experience of working in industry / biotech
- Understanding of plant transformation
- Plant tissue culture experience
- Some experience of DNA sequence analysis
- Microbiology skills – transformation, glycerol stocks, aseptic technique
- Protoplast work including transfection
- Job Location – Norwich
- Time Requirement - Full time position.
- Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates
- Benefits – 25 days annual leave, Private Medical Insurance through Vitality, Medical Cash Plan and Group Income Protection Scheme, as well as excellent learning and training opportunities and social events throughout the year