About Tropic Biosciences
Based in Norwich (UK) and with a team of over 115 professionals, Tropic Biosciences is one of the world’s leading agricultural gene-editing companies. Our team is dedicated to the development and commercialization of high-performing varieties of tropical crops to provide significant benefits to growers, processors and consumers globally.
Tropic’s vision is to become a dominant seed business with significant ownership of its products from the laboratory to the field, while maintaining constructive relationships with growers and consumers based on transparency and trust.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a researcher to join our Banana biotechnology team and provide support and technical leadership in the development of improved banana varieties. The successful candidate will have an extensive knowledge of plant biotechnology and experience in managing small-medium size teams. You will be comfortable with working in a dynamic, fast changing environment, and able to communicate complex biological mechanisms, methods, analyses and results to scientists from diverse backgrounds.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
▪ Manage the time and task allocation of a small number of technicians allocated to the project
▪ Independently plan, organise, troubleshoot and QC day-to-day operations to ensure timely high quality deliverables
▪ Independently plan and execute experimental plans as required by team lead
▪ QC including traceable laboratory records, raw data/stocks storage, and databases
▪ Train and supervise technicians
▪ Support the development and implementation of a LIMS system
▪ To update on progress and status in formal and informal meetings
▪ To support and invest in the career development of direct reports
Qualifications and Key Skills
▪ PhD degree in Biology, Plant Biotechnology or related field
▪ Experience in plant transformation and tissue culture
▪ Strong background in plant biology or plant biotechnology
▪ Management and supervision experience
▪ Strong communication skills
▪ Excellent organizational skills
▪ Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment while consistently maintaining a positive and professional attitude
▪ Team player, strong execution, and flexibility to handle changes
▪ Job Location – Norwich UK
▪ Time Requirement – Full Time
▪ Compensation – We offer a competitive compensation package to successful candidates
▪ Benefits – 25 days annual leave, Private Medical Insurance through Vitality, Medical Cash Plan and Group Income Protection Scheme, as well as excellent learning and training opportunities and social events throughout the year
If you meet the above criteria, we would be happy to hear from you. Please apply here
Your application was submitted successfully.